Build It Green’s Membership and Professional Certification have been consolidated into one program.
Build It Green's certification increases your credibility and differentiates you in the marketplace. It signifies that you are actively learning and growing to learn best practices in residential design and construction, and are credible in understanding and educating others on the green building framework. Our Certified Green Building Professionals and GreenPoint Raters and Advisors are respected throughout the industry and showcased in our Certified Professional Directory.
With a GreenPoint Rated certification you also gain access to valuable tools and resources for conducting ratings, exclusive GreenPoint Rated webinars, and updates through the GreenPoint Rated Rater eNewsletter.
What Are the Requirements?
To be an active member and be listed in our Certified Professionals Directory, we require the following:
1. STEP ONE: Submit required Continuing Education Units (1 hour green building education = 1 CEU)
|Certification||Continuing Education Units|
|Certified Green Building Professional or GreenPoint Rated Advisor||2|
Note: Renewing your GreenPoint Rated certifications automatically renews your Certified Green Building Professional certification.
- Members are responsible for tracking all of their non-Build It Green CEUs and should have proof of attendance for all coursework in the form of a certificate, an email from the training provider confirming your attendance, or any similar document. You may submit these CEUs HERE
- CEUs are awarded for advanced building trainings completed within 12 months of certification expiration or date of renewal (if already expired). Qualified topics include: advanced green building techniques on residential energy, water, or resource efficiency, indoor air quality, community design.
- Need extra CEUs? Depending on the type of certifications you hold and your background, you may receive CEUs by signing up for Build It Green course. We have both on-demand and "streaming live" classes available:
2. STEP TWO: **GreenPoint Raters Only** - Complete the online GreenPoint Rated Certification Renewal Exam to ensure proper understanding of the GreenPoint Rated program and applicable program changes or updates.
3. STEP THREE: Pay annual membership fee. Payment portal is available in your Build It Green account profile. Log-in here.
Basic - $49
- Professional Directory listing for those with Build It Green Certifications that can be updated to include profile photo, contact information and a list of other relevant services offered
- Discounted access to online live webinars
Professional - $199
- Benefits of Basic Membership +
- $50 discount on each in-depth training
- Featured Listing in our Professional Directory for those with Build It Green certifications
- Free access to our LMS Webinar Library